The human body needs 13 essential vitamins and minerals. It is necessary to have the vitamins A, B, C, D, E, K, & B complex and B12 for the body to function properly. Deficiency of any of these vitamins can result in illness and many other serious health complications. With this in mind I started my search for the best multivitamin that could prevent deficiency and lower the risk of illness or mortality as well as ease the symptoms of anxiety and panic attack.
I wanted a daily multivitamin rather than a cocktail of individual supplements that might exceed the safe upper limits of the recommended intake for any nutrient. And I wanted a multivitamin that provided 100% or less of the Daily Value (DV) as a backup when my diet was lacking in nutrients or when my emotional state needed extra help fighting the fears of anxiety and panic attack.
Should I Take Vitamin Supplements?
If your diet isn’t as good as it should be and you’re deficient in certain vitamins and minerals, a multivitamin should definitely be considered (along with just fixing what’s wrong with your diet). But even if your diet is pretty good, taking a daily multivitamin gives you the added peace of mind of knowing that your body is getting sufficient amounts of every important vitamin and mineral it needs for optimal health and function.
What to Look for in Your Multivitamin?
- The amounts of vitamins and minerals. Does it have too much, too little, or an ideal amount of the various vitamins and minerals it contains? If it contains too much of something, avoid it as it could be a waste of money or worse, it could be dangerous. And if it contains too little of something, then you’re just not paying for what it claims.
- The type of vitamins and minerals. For example, every multivitamin might contain calcium, but in what form? Calcium citrate or calcium carbonate? Is the vitamin A from beta carotene, retinyl acetate or retinyl palmitate? Be aware that all multivitamins contain different ingredients.
- The quality. Does it contain more or less of the nutrients it claims? Unfortunately, lab testing can only tell you this. While many of the multivitamins that have been around for many years can be trusted, check to see a seal of approval from the United States Pharmacopoeia, the NSF International or ConsumerLab.com. IConsumerLab randomly tests some dietary supplements and makes the results available to subscribers. It has been found that 25% of the supplements it has tested have problems. So keep in mind that if your brand of multivitamin fails to have one of these seals, then that means the manufacturer didn't submit its product for voluntary testing. Remember vitamins are not regulated like prescription and over-the-counter medications, so be careful of any product that does not volunteer for testing.
- Your specific needs. The human body has slightly different vitamin and mineral requirements based on your gender, age, diet and lifestyle. It is for this reason that your multivitamin should suit your particular needs. eg iron. Younger premenopausal women almost always want a multivitamin that contains iron. On the other hand, men and older postmenopausal women want a multvitamin that contains no iron. Check to see that it contains something more specific for those panic attack or stress full moments your life?
- The price. This is related to the other points. Check that the multivitamin contains what you want for your particular needs. Do you really want all the special benefits? This does not necessarily mean the most expensive one is the best nor the cheapest the worst.
Which Multivitamin Is Best for Anxiety and Panic Attack?
As for the best multivitamin brand, this is a most confusing exercise.
Where do you start with literally hundreds of different multivitamins on the market, all containing different amounts of certain vitamins and minerals and all claiming to be the best of them all?
Some are made specifically for men, some are made just for women, and some are for people over the age of 50. Others are for people who live an active lifestyle, or need more energy, or have specific health benefits in mind (anxiety, panic, depression, heart health, colon health, etc.). The list goes on and on, with each multivitamin affirming itself to be the best for that exact purpose.
So, how do you decide which multivitamin truly is the best for a panic attack. In short it depends on how much you understand your own level of anxiety.
Multivitamins give people sufficient amounts of both vitamins and minerals that their current diet may not be providing. They can improve many bodily functions and assist with mental health. They can also help decrease stressVitamins are nutrients essential for normal growth, vitality and general wellbeing. Without vitamins, many vital bodily functions would not take place and disease may occur.
What Do Vitamins Do?
Vitamins are essential for a number of reasons. In general they: Keep our skin, hair, eyes, bones, teeth, nerves and blood cells normal. Some also assist in processing carbohydrates, proteins and fats. They assist in converting fat and carbohydrates into energy and assist in forming bone and tissue.
Am I Getting Enough Vitamins?
Vitamins are found in a variety of food sources. A balanced diet of breads, cereals, fruits, vegetables, red meat, fish, poultry, dairy, legumes, seeds and nuts will ensure that you get a satisfactory amount of the vitamins your body needs.
Unfortunately, today's busy lifestyle often forces people to eat fast food or convenient meals that unfortunately are not rich in the vitamins and nutrients that our body requires.
Another factor to consider is the quality of US fruit and vegetables. US soils are often over-farmed resulting in mineral depletion, especially of selenium and zinc. Quite often produce is being picked early and not allowed to ripen naturally on the trees, leaving fruit and vegetables even more nutrient deficient.
You can purchase Now by goung to this LINK
Therefore with all these factors in mind, the best multivitamin on the market that I recommend is Centrum Performance. It is a complex multivitamin supplement that helps to energize the body and mind. It provides minerals, vitamins and calcium for the body as required. With a combination of herbs, minerals and 28 vitamins, Centrum Performance promotes vitality and helps maintain short-term memory and concentration for enhanced everyday performance. Centrum Performance has extracts of ginkgo biloba and ginseng which helps to unlock energy and protects the body against free radical damage.