Panic and anxiety disorders are generally treated with medication that is taken regularly. While these medications may be effective, many of them are habit forming and cause withdrawal effects when the sufferer chooses to stop. Consequently many sufferers today prefer taking homeopathic remedies. Bach Flower Remedies are one of the homeopathic remedies that can be used for panic attack.. What are Bach Flower Remedies? The original Bach Flower Remedies are a safe and natural method of healing discovered by Dr. Bach more than 80 years ago in England. He came up with 38 remedies which come from the flowering parts of plants, bushes and trees. They are liquid so that you can mix them together, which gives a 293 million possible combination, enough to treat every possible negative mental state. How Do Bach Remedies Work? Put simply, Bach Flower Remedies are medicines used to balance negative mental states and emotions. Each remedy treats a specific negative emotional state (eg fear, worry, hatred and indecision) by encouraging the equivalent positive quality that lies dormant within us. This allows peace and happiness to return to the sufferer so that the body is free to heal itself. Can You Take Anxiety Medications WithThis Alternative Medicine? Bach Remedies are designed to be safe and can be used with medications. However, a word of warning – always check with your medical practitioner before you stop your medication. At times, you may experience withdrawal symptoms and your panic symptoms may be worse. Do Bach Flower Remedies have any Side Effects? The Bach Flower Remedies are 100% safe with no side effects. Unlike many medications, when you feel fine again, you can stop taking the remedies and you will remain fine. Because they work very gently, they slowly unpeel the emotional layers one at a time. Who ProvidesThese Natural Remedies?
Bach Flower remedies may be used by homeopaths, naturopaths, chiropractors, herbalists, and Bach flower practitioners. Consumers can buy Bach remedies at health food stores and online.
Are There Bach Remedies for Panic Attack?
- Mimulus: Fear of anything you can put a name on: Fear of dying, being alone, spiders, losing a job, not be able to pay your bills, fear of flying, fear of a panic attack, fear of small places etc.
- Aspen: Fear of the unknown, fear that something bad is going to happen but you cannot put a name on it.
- Red Chestnut: Fear that something bad is going to happen to your loved ones.
- Rock Rose: Frozen fear, terror, and the deer in the headlight type of fear.
- Cherry Plum: Fear that you may lose control on yourself, explosive anger, the feeling you wish to hurt yourself or others.
- Elm: If you feel overwhelmed, too much to do, not enough time.
- White Chestnut: If you have repeated unwanted thoughts or worries.
How are Bach Remedies Prepared? These remedies are made 100% naturally from spring water infused with wild flowers. The recommendation for every day purposes is to take no more than six or seven remedies at the same time. You can use one of two basic methods when you want to mix them.
- For passing moods: select ones you want to take, than in a glass of water add two drops of each remedy. Sip from the glass at intervals until the mood has passed. In an emergency you might take a sip every few seconds and later a couple of sips during the evening.
- For long term problems: you can use a glass of water method. Make up a fresh glass each morning. Sip from the glass four times a day – in the morning, in the evening and two more times during the day.
You can also make up a treatment bottle. In an empty 30 ml or 1 oz dropper bottle put two drops of each selected remedy, than top the bottle with non-fizzy bottled mineral water. As a preservative, you may choose to add 1 teaspoon of brandy, or for alcohol-free, apple cider vinegar or vegetable glycerine. Shake the contents a little bit. Take four drops directly on the tongue at least four times a day. Four drops are the minimum dose. If you take less it reduces the effectiveness of the remedies. A 30 ml treatment bottle will last up to three weeks. The best known flower remedy product is the Rescue Remedy combination, which contains an equal amount each of Rock Rose, Impatiens, Clematis, Star of Bethlehem and Cherry Plum remedies. The product is aimed at treating stress, anxiety, and panic attacks especially in emergencies. While Bach Remedies are safe to use, there is not sufficient evidence to prove their effect. However, if the act of selecting and taking a remedy as well as litening to a practitioner helps ease your emotional state, then bach remedies cannot do you any harm.